Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013

I spent most of yesterday thinking about the previous year.

I noticed that for a lot of people 2013 was a shitty year, on this I cannot relate as 2013 was just a year for me, nothing bad happened but nothing great happened. Truly, if I were to list everything that happened to me this year there isn’t much that one would go “oooo” to.

Regardless to how underwhelming 2013 was for me, I continued my thinking, I couldn’t help, but reflect on the one truly shitty thing about 2013 for me: the fact that I’m still working as a dock manager, and not a full time filmmaker.  This thought has kept me awake, for a very long time now. I know it takes time to get to the point where I am working full time as a filmmaker, especially since I choose the “back door” independent  method of making it as a filmmaker.  The overwhelming thought of if I am doing it right, and not wasting valuable time.

Counterpoint to this overwhelming feeling of dread, I can’t help but reflect on the fact that though I am not working full time as a filmmaker I am still making head way in achieving my goal.
I can’t help but feel like this time next year I will be writing a post entitled “2014” and speaking about everything wonderful that happened in this past year.

I truly feel like there is something big coming over the horizon, for Sinister Dream Productions and myself.

So, in the immortal words of Captain Jack Sparrow, I say “Bring me that horizon,” 2014!

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment