Thursday, January 9, 2014

Chris Kluwe, and the Pointlessness of Replicating Reality

A few days late and I'm still at a loss on what to blog about.  

At first, I thought I was going to write about the Chris Kluwe situation, but I already spoke about the Duck Dynasty bullshit and I'm not 100% sure I want my blog to have a political streak to it.  

OK, well, let me just touch on it.  Just want to ask, where were are all those crazy, patriotic  "Christians" rushing to Chris's defense?  He was actually fired for standing up for his beliefs, not given a half hearted slap on the wrist, and not a zealot to be found screaming in his name.

If you want the details, click here to read it straight from Mr. Kluwe.  

It's pretty fucked up, and just reinforces my thoughts that the NFL is just a bunch of over paid bros, but there's my two cents on that.  

Which leads me down the thought path on how there are so many horrible things out in this great big world of ours.  This is the reason why I want to devote my creative endeavors to keeping people's minds off of them for a little while.

For the life of me I cannot understand why people want their movies to be ultra real.  Don't get me wrong, I want my flicks to have some believability, but why the fuck would I want them to be based in real life?  Real life, as I stated earlier, is kinda horrible and escapism is needed now a days.  With all of the information that we are told to process in a day, we need to switch our brains off.

That's really all my brain has at the moment... I think I should probably write an additional post next week to make up for the weak sauce that is this post.   Though I probably educated you on the Chris Kluwe situation, so that's pretty cool... um... The End?

-Nick

No comments:

Post a Comment